Wednesday, July 8, 2009

20 going on 12

I'm of the opinion that sparkly shit can make any day a little better. Not too long ago, after a really bad day at work, I went to Girl Props and bought a huge rose ring that covers about two fingers. Then I put Swarovski crystals on it. AB volcano crystals to be exact.

The resulting ring is probably the most obnoxious piece of jewelry I own. Which is saying a lot considering my recent Etsy acquisitions. The first necklace that I bought was this charming little bar of glitter:


photo and necklace by starsprinklez


My boys often call me out for using this phrase even though I'm lacking in the proper anatomy, but you know what? They can suck it.

The second is a little more family friendly

Photo and necklace by yurapockylover


Yeah, she's headless, but you get the gist! Those of you who feel like this is a problem should refer to the first necklace for my response. Minnie came in some of the cutest packaging imaginable. The tape sealing the envelope had pastries and polka-dots on it, and the jewelry boxes were inside an adorable little paper bag with stars, clouds, and botched english phrases like "My heart won't stop throbbing"

The moral of the story? Sometimes dressing like you're 12 will make you feel like a million bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment